Adopt a Colorado Racing Duck and help support Mesa County Search and Rescue.
Adopt one or a whole team of ducks and cheer them on as they race the Colorado River in a mass-start, first to the finish line race.
The Colorado Duck Race is fun everyone can enjoy on the river’s edge. The Racing Ducks will start upstream on the Colorado River in a mass start and float their way down the Colorado River to the finish on Watson Island. Cheer on your adopted duck and support Search and Rescue!
Colorado Duck Race Rules
Official Race Rules & Regulations
1) The 2018 Colorado Duck Race is operated by Colorado Riverfest PBC (the “Operator”) for the benefit of Mesa County Search and Rescue, a non-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
2) The 2018 Colorado Duck Race shall be open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age (entrant). Prize winners must be individuals at least 18 years or older, or a parent or guardian must accept the prize. Winners must show proper identification when claiming prizes. The prizes may not be substituted or exchanged.
3) The entry information portion of each Duck Race Adoption form must be completely filled out and delivered to the Operator or an authorized representative of the Operator or mailed to the Operator at 750 Main St., Grand Junction, CO 81501. Mailed forms must be delivered by Friday, July 20, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to the Operator.
4) Ducks will be launched into the Colorado River at approximately 3:00pm MT on Saturday, July 21, 2018. The Operator will establish the course for the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries. A minimum of 1,000 ducks will be entered in to the race.
5) A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on the official duck adoption entry form. Multiple duck entries on one adoption form will be assigned a separate duck number for identification. The person whose name appears on the Entry form that matches a winning duck will be awarded the corresponding prize in order of finish.
6) All ducks entered into the 2018 Colorado Duck Race will be provided by the Operator and will remain the property of the Operator. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any ducks is permitted unless deemed necessary by Duck Race Officials.
7) The event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
8) Any and all federal, state and local taxes and fees on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Appropriate tax forms must be completed in full by the winner prior to receipt of prize. No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of designated prizes.
9) By participating, the Entrants release the Operator and its directors, managers, staff, volunteers and other related event partners and sponsors from liability with respect to all prizes.
10) The retail value for the prizes has been determined by the donors and has not been independently appraised by the Operators. All prizes will be awarded and no substitutions will be allowed.
11) The Operator reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
12) In case of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances that prevent the launch of the ducks, Duck Race prizes will be presented through a random drawing.
13) Employees and directors of Colorado Riverfest PBC and members of their family living in the same household are not eligible to win prizes.
14) By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
15) All decisions and interpretations of rules, regulations and final determination of winners shall be made by Operator.
16) Entrants need not be present to win. If necessary, winners will be notified by email or telephone within 5 days of the Colorado Duck Race.
17) A list of prize winners may be obtained by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address in paragraph No. 3.
18) A copy of these rules and regulations may be obtained by sending a written request and self-addressed stamped envelope to the address listed in paragraph No. 3.
19) Duck Adoptions may not be fully deductible as a charitable contribution. Please check with your tax advisor.
20) The 2018 Colorado Duck Race is a fundraising event to benefit Mesa County Search and Rescue. For more information, please log on to ColoradoRiverfest.com or call 970-812-4466.